Documents for application of joint education project
1. Sino-foreign cooperative education facility or project application form (original copy signed by legal persons on both sides and with official seal).
2. Sino-foreign cooperative education agreement. Agreement content should reflect fair negotiation on both sides and include both sides' name, address and legal representative's name; cooperation purpose and principles; cooperation content and means; rights and obligations of relevant parties; staffing, responsibility and procedure rules of joint administrative committee; the agreement duration, modification, continuation, interruption and termination procedures; liability for breach of contract; and arbitration.
3. Qualification or legal person proof in Sino-foreign cooperative education. Foreign party should have certification material from Chinese embassy in their country. Chinese translation copy is needed when submitting certificate from foreign education administration. At the same time, foreign party should provide recent teaching quality certification report from authority of the host country or qualifications in providing international education.
4. Chinese and foreign certificates or diplomas and Chinese translation copy. The Chinese party-issued degree and diploma should be consistent with its non-joint degree program. The foreign party's degree and diploma should be consistent with those in its own country and recognized there. Chinese and foreign education degrees shouldn't be marked with any other words.
5. Professional teaching plan should include a detailed professional training scheme, main course, faculty and teaching materials. It should state teaching by foreign parties in China, and Chinese-translated information on foreign party is needed in addition. Introduced foreign courses and professional core courses should be no less than one third of total. Teachers from foreign education facility should shoulder more than one third of all courses. In each program, teachers from the foreign side should deliver lectures in more than eight courses. The plan should also cover evidence of cooperative subject's competitiveness, indispensability and social benefits in hosting area.
6. If a foreign education facility has already run a business in China, it should submit copies of approval documents for its existing program from the Ministry of Education, as well as a cooperation summary from its Chinese partner or an evaluation from a professional evaluator. If it has held joint education institute status or done a project offering undergraduate or above degrees, evaluation and certification materials from the Ministry of Education are required.
7. The following are needed for establishing a Sino-foreign education institute
a. Charter. It mainly includes the name, address, purpose, scale, level, category, content, range and form of the joint education facility; asset amount, source and nature as well as financial system and supervision. It should specify if proper return is expected (no return claims are suggested), and cover election methods, staffing, authority, tenure and procedure rules of council, board of directors or joint administrative committee; election and removal procedure of legal representative; election, qualification and responsibilities of school principal (those in charge); democratic management and supervision form; internal management institute and responsibilities; faculty employment and personnel management; cooperation term, change, dismissal, termination and liquidation procedures; changes in the charter and other descriptive terms; and other important matters.
b. Teaching site requires proof and sketch, as well as feasibility report.
c. The following are needed for applying for independent legal entity: assets source, amount and validity proof document, with property rights statement; donated assets should come with donation agreement, donor's name, asset amount, purpose and management methods, as well as relevant effective document; proof of no less than 15 percent of total investment in place as start-up capital.
8. Relevant materials stipulated by the following Regulations and the Measures, or deemed necessary by authority.