Xuzhou No.1 Middle School
Xuzhou No.1 Middle School was founded in 1721 with the name of Yunlong Shuyuan. It was changed into current name in 1903. In 1953, it was rated as one of the first national 194 schools in China and one of the 14 key middle schools in Jiangsu province. It is one of the first school in Jiangsu and No.1 in Xuzhou which has gained the awards of the national demonstration of average high school and Four-star school. Approved and recommended by the authorities of Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education, it was selected and listed in the "Jiangsu Famous School" and the "Chinese Famous School".
The school has always attached importance to the international exchanges and cooperation. It has established good relationship with middle schools in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand, Japan, Russia, etc. It has sent dozens of backbone teachers to take part in long-term or short-term training programs in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States. It also organizes students to participate in the summer camp to the foreign countries. Meanwhile, the international curriculum teaching with the international department as its platform in the school has helped to speed up its pace of following the international standards of education and teaching.